1. What is your name and where are you from?
My name is Beliya Ndlovu, and I’m originally from Zambia but I grew up in Johannesburg BUT now Home is Zambia again 😊
2. What would you consider your hair type and hair porosity to be?
My hair type is definitely 4c and low porosity.
3. How long have you been natural?
This is my third year now.
4. Why did you decide to go natural?
I just got tired of my relaxed hair and never used to relax like I wanted it to, then I just cut all of it off and decided natural was the only way.
5. What was the hardest thing about returning natural?
I think it was my lack of knowledge of what to actually do with my hair, because I didn’t even know that there are levels to this natural hair thing.
6. What does your hair regimen comprise of?
Basically I have a bi-weekly full wash routine where I wash and deep condition, then I moisturize mid weekly, but I spritz my hair everyday with water to retain moisture and I do a monthly protein treatment.
7. What do you love most about your hair?
It’s ability to think for itself, literally my hair can be 10 different types of styles and texture in one week and I love the versatility.
8. What do you dislike most about your hair?
Right now, I hate how quickly it gets dry and builds up products.
9. Which 3 products do you swear by?
Wooooow okay Moisture Factory Curling Custard, ORS Hair Mayonnaise and Suki Suki Activated Black Soap.
10. What are your top 3 natural hair tips?
– Trial and error, test out products for a month and see how your hair reacts.
– Don’t compare your hair growth to others, just learn from what they do and see if you can incorporate it to better your hair care.
– Use oil as a sealant and not a moisturizer.
11. Any encouragement for rookie naturals?
Be patient with your hair, go crazy with products and figure out what kind of products your hair loves. Also, know your hair porosity before diving straight into it.
12. Where can people find you online (Instagram/Twitter/Facebook, etc.)?
My handle is beliya_ndlovu on all my social media.