1. What’s your name and where are you from?
My name is Eira Turukatu, commonly known as Snow and I am from Namibia.
2. What would you consider your hair type and hair porosity to be?
I do not usually hair type, however I would say that my hair is a mixture of 3C, 4A and 4B. As for my hair porosity, I haven’t done the hair porosity test so I can’t really tell.
3. How long have you been natural?
I’ve been natural for 3 years and 7 months to be exact.
4. Why did you decide to go natural?
I decided to go natural because I was curious to see what my natural hair actually looked and felt like.
5. What was the hardest thing about returning natural?
The hardest thing about returning natural for me has to be the initial stage of hair care, and this was because I simply was not used to my natural texture and because I did “the big chop” styling the “TWA” was very challenging.
6. What does your hair regimen comprise of?
My hair regimen simply involves shampooing, followed by deep conditioning then styling. I do this on a weekly basis and occasionally I include a hot oil treatment, but only on those days when my hair feels a little on the dryer side.
7. What do you love most about your hair?
What I love the most about my natural hair is the versatility that comes with it and this might be weird but my deep conditioning sessions give me an indescribable satisfying feeling (laughs). I look forward to them every time.
8. What do you dislike most about your hair?
I can’t really think of anything that I dislike about my hair, in fact, I might just be a little obsessed.
9. Which 3 products do you swear by?
If I had to pick products I couldn’t live without they’d be a leave-in and castor oil.
10. What are your top 3 natural hair tips?
My top 3 natural hair tips would have to be:
a) Only detangle your hair when damp and it’s always wise to finger detangle before using a wide-toothed comb.
b) Protective styling and low manipulation hairstyles help a lot with length retention.
c) Trim when necessary, so my telling of this is visible split-ends/ knots, difficult detangling process and too much thinning of the ends of your hair.
11. Any encouragement for rookie naturals?
Be patient, natural hair is a journey and it definitely will be full of trial and error.
12. Where can people find you online (Instagram/Twitter/Facebook, etc.)?
Find me on Instagram @bouncykoils for my hair journey trials and errors or @naturalysnow if you simply want to get to know me.