1. What is your name and where are you from?
Ndidi Aliago, from London.
2. What would you consider your hair type and hair porosity to be?
Medium-thickness, low porosity 4c hair.
3. How long have you been natural?
3 years, 5 months.
4. Why did you decide to go natural?
I’ve always had what some would perceive to be ‘healthy hair’, even when I was texturised. However, I said the day my hair looked noticeably brown in the sun is the day I’d start making plans for my natural hair journey 😂
5. What was the hardest thing about returning natural?
At the time of going natural, the hardest thing for me was finding individuals with similar hair types as myself. I was not aware of the vast natural hair community on IG and all the popular videos I’d seen on YouTube were ladies with looser textures.
6. What does your hair regimen comprise of?
I pre-poo, deep condition and wash my hair about once a month (I’d love to aim for every 2-3 weeks, but life). After this I’ll LOC my hair with a combination of products and style as desired (very often I’ll put my hair in an afro puff and rock this till my next hair day).
7. What do you love most about your hair?
This is a difficult one to answer as right now I’m at a stage where I’m not particularly ‘in love’ with my hair. I’m trying to work on getting my thickness back to where it was (which will take 2-3 years anyway as my new growth grows) and I’m still trying to figure out whether or not my hair has moisture overload!
8. What do you dislike most about your hair?
Detangling! This process can take anywhere between 1-2.5 hours and although it’s become slightly easier, I still dread it every wash day.
9. Which 3 products do you swear by?
10. What are your top 3 natural hair tips?
Use what works for you, everybody’s hair is different.
11. Any encouragement for rookie naturals?
Don’t give up! There will be bumps on the way but it’s 110% worth it.
12. Where can people find you online (Instagram/Twitter/Facebook, etc.)?