Finally, something fun! I figured I don’t share much on social media about myself or my personal life…at least not the things that matter. Of course I want to share a bit more about myself without giving away too much so I thought this could be a fun way of going about it and thanks to Dr. Google, I picked the following questions that I thought are interesting/funny/quirky. So, let’s go!
1. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
A singer, I was gonna be famous yo…like Beyonce famous, in my dreams lol – I still sing, just not on my own in front of people, stage presence is not my thing due to the fact that I clam up.
2. What is your proudest accomplishment?
Completing my degree, I studied Communication Science.
3. Are you an only child?
Nope, I am the middle child of 3. I have an older brother and a younger sister.
4. Are you single or taken?
Single…and not looking.
5. Do you want to get married?
Maybe…it’d have to take a pretty amazing guy to convince me.
6. Do you want kids?
Undecided. Ask me again in 3-5 years, maybe I’ll have made up my mind.
7. Have you ever had a secret admirer?
Not that I’m aware of…I think that’s the whole point though, right?
8. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Introvert. Give me a pen and paper and I can write for days, it’s how I express myself and make sense of things…words don’t come as easily to me, I’m honestly one of the most socially awkward people you’ll ever meet – unless you’ve known me for a very long time.
9. What makes you laugh the most?
People…and the things they do! It doesn’t take a lot to get me to laugh…I love laughing, it really is the best medicine.
10. What song would you say best sums you up?
I don’t get fazed by trends or the next best thing that I’m told I must have, I like staying in my own quirky lane so Royals by Lorde sums me up perfectly.
11. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who walk slow, especially in the mall!
12. Do you have freckles?
Yup, on my tongue.
13. Do you still watch cartoons?
Yes! I’m such a child at heart, Spongebob Squarepants is my favourite…otherwise any animation film will do.
14. What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
The Pursuit of Happyness – that scene towards the end where Will Smith runs out of the building astounded and grateful…gets me every time. Also, Belle – I’m a sucker for period films.
15. What’s your least favourite movie?
The Adjustment Bureau…I’ve been trying to finish this movie for the past who knows how many years now. I fall asleep every time within thirty minutes to an hour, I should probably give up trying.
16. What is your favourite food?
Sushi! Asian food in general.
17. What’s the most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten?
Black pudding, by mistake and never again. If you don’t know what that is, Google is your best friend…it’s got “Ew!” written all over it.
18. Are you afraid of heights?
Oh my goodness, yes!
19. Have you ever travelled abroad?
I’ve been to Malawi, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Wales, England. I’d love to see more places though, within Africa and overseas.
20. Any other countries you’d still like to visit?
Tons! My current top 10 are Namibia, Tanzania, Morocco, Peru, Japan, Italy, Israel, Poland, Canada and USA.
21. Do you sing in the shower?
Of course, who doesn’t?
22. Tea or coffee?
Tea, rooibos tea especially. Can’t get involved with coffee, it makes me sleep. I know… weird, right?
23. Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
I’ve had quite a few…Chi, Chichi, Chis, Nik Naks (don’t ask, even I don’t know how this came about lol).
24. Who is your favourite author?
Do you want a scroll??? There are way too many authors I love! At the moment it’s Ted Dekker.
25. What was the last book you read?
I’m trying to read as many dystopian young adult novels as I can get my hands on… currently reading the first book in the Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver.
26. If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join?
The Spice Girls! Don’t lie…you know you wish you could have been the sixth member too. Spice Girls fever was real way back when.
And that’s me in a nutshell! I hope you enjoyed reading and getting to know me just a tad bit better 🙂