|January 18, 2010|
|May 13, 2011|
A few years ago, I grew my hair from arm pit length to bra strap length in about 1 year. I was obsessed with length at the time, unlike my current obsession which is perfectly defined curls and a shapely fro. I decided to sit down and list the major factors that led to my impressive length retention in one year. The list is surprisingly short and relatively simple.
- Shampoo – It wasn’t even sulfate free!
- Used for co-washing every 2-3 days.
- I would also dilute the conditioner with water and oil for a great and simple leave-in conditioner.
- I would use the conditioner as a styling aid as well for twist-outs and braid-outs.
- Coconut oil
- Used for sealing my ends and massaging my scalp
- Hot oil treatments
2. Protective Styling
3. Deep Conditioning and Hot Oil Treatments
4. No Cutting